UKDN Waterflow has again been awarded accreditation from Safecontractor for its commitment to achieving excellence in health and safety.
Safecontractor is a leading third party accreditation scheme which recognises very high standards in health and safety management amongst UK contractors.
The company’s continued Safecontractor accreditation is driven by the company’s continued commitment across its business to exceptional safety standards.
Gary Webb, from UKDN Waterflow commented “Safecontractor accreditation confirms UKDN Waterflow’s commitment to safety, and is one of many accreditations that give assurance to our existing and new customers that health and safety is our number one priority on site. We actively work in the food manufacture, property, facilities management, retail and leisure sectors, as part of our extensive industry coverage, all of which are big users of contracted services, and all of whom actively look for the Safecontractor mark.
John Kinge, technical director of Safecontractor said, “Major organisations simply cannot afford to run the risk of employing contractors who are not able to prove that they have sound health and safety policies in place.”
“More companies need to understand the importance of adopting good risk management in the way that UKDN Waterflow has done. The firm’s high standard has set an example which hopefully will be followed by other companies within the sector.
Safecontractor plays a vital role in supporting our clients in meeting their compliance needs, whilst working with their contractors as they progress through the accreditation process.”
Under the Safecontractor scheme, businesses undergo a vetting process which examines health and safety procedures and their track record for safe practice. Over 210 major, nation-wide businesses, from several key sectors, have signed up to use the scheme when selecting contractors for services such as building, cleaning, maintenance, refurbishment or electrical and mechanical work.
Note to editors:
- UKDN Waterflow provides water, wastewater, drainage and infrastructure services to four key market areas – Industrial and Commercial, Water and Sewerage, Rail and Major Infrastructure, and Insurance and Household. Operating across Britain
- UKDN Waterflow is run by an executive team led by Steve Shine OBE (Executive Chairman), Nick Harris (CEO), Kevin Mouatt (COO) and George Shannon (CFO)
- UKDN Waterflow’s comprehensive portfolio of services covers above, below and internal asset management services and project work that ranges from household plumbing and drainage repairs for insurance companies, complete asset management programmes for regional and national estate managers, to multi-million pound infrastructure projects for rail, highways and airports.
- UKDN Waterflow is backed by independent mid-market private equity investor Lyceum Capital, who specialise in buying and building companies that operate in the UK mid-market.
- Safecontractor is a third party accreditation scheme that assesses health and safety arrangements. Many major clients recognise the scheme and accept the Safecontractor certificate as confirmation of competency.