Drainage Asset Lifecycle Management
Drainage Asset Lifecycle Management is a legal requirement. When a drain or sewer is put in the ground, the person or organisation who installed assumes responsibility for monitoring its performance.
Drainage asset management is particularly important in production and manufacturing sectors, where it is required as part of the environmental ISO qualification process.
Asset owners should have regular drain surveys to make sure that the wastewater system is in good order, that they have accurate waterflow management data, and that they hold records of the location and route of the pipes.
And, of course, regular surveys and maintenance help to avoid potential pollution incidents which may be caused by pipes failing or not functioning at optimum capacity.
Who provides lifecycle management?
With our complete range of drainage services and vast experience, UKDN Waterflow (LG), who else?
We deliver targeted results for your wastewater network, whether it be Totex, Capex or Opex. UKDN Waterflow (LG) provides the whole package for your wastewater infrastructure asset management, with surveys, planned maintenance and major and minor works programmes.
Our drainage asset management services
Our project and programme management capability and resources (including GIS and data management) allow you to achieve your target improvement. Working to ISO55000 best practice, we use our asset management system (or interface with yours) to deliver:
- Real-time asset condition updates
- Recommendations for long term solutions to service and structural issues identified – maintenance and Capex
- Delivery of major or minor work programmes
- Escalation of fully-scoped hydraulic and major structural problems via your chosen partners
- Asset condition degradation rates in critical network areas
- Root cause analysis of service condition degradation cause
- Asset mapping and data management
- Sewer flow monitoring
- Jet vac cleaning
- Mainline CCTV
- Dig-up and rehabilitation of sewers
- Fast track critical asset inspection
- First time resolution of household issues (including resident liaison to improve qualitative and quantitative SIM scores)
Find out more
For more information about how we approach drainage asset lifecycle management, call our team on 0333 344 2937. Or use the contact form.