- SUA – Small Unmanned Aircraft – A SUA is defined
as ‘any unmanned aircraft, other than a kite or balloon, with a mass of less
than 20kg’ (CAA.co.uk, 2019).
- Drone – A flying machine that can be remotely controlled through software-controlled flight plans in their embedded systems, utilising sensors and GPS.
- UAV/UAS – Unmanned Aerial Vehicle/Unmanned
Aerial System – An unmanned aerial vehicle is an aircraft without the need of a
- RPAS – Remotely Piloted Aerial System – An unmanned aircraft which is piloted from a remote pilot station, excluding model aircraft and toy aircraft.
- Photogrammetry – Is the action of utilising photography in the surveying and mapping of distances between objects.
- Points Clouds – Point clouds are used to create 3D models for metrology and quality inspection. Allowing for visualisation of landscapes and terrains.
- Ortho-Images – A uniform-scale image which has been made to feature displacement such as building tilt, caused by terrain relief.
- GIS Data – GIS is a framework for gathering and managing data in relation to spatial location and layers of information into 3D maps.
- 3D Mesh – 3D Meshes utilise X, Y and Z axes to define shapes with height, width and depth.