UKDN Waterflow has won a RoSPA Silver award in the society’s Occupational Health and Safety Awards 2014.
The RoSPA Silver award has been received in the prestigious annual scheme run by the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA). UKDN Waterflow’s commitment to the highest health and safety in the industry has meant that the company has achieved RoSpa Silver Award or Gold award status since 2004. This award follows on from Gold success in 2013.
RoSPA’s mission is to promote excellence in health and safety, saving lives and reducing injuries covers all ages and stages of life. In support of this mission, the RoSPA Awards, which date back 58 years, recognise commitment to continuous improvement in accident and ill health prevention at work. Through the scheme, which is open to businesses and organisations of all types and sizes from across the UK and overseas, judges consider entrants’ overarching occupational health and safety management systems, including practices such as accident records, leadership and workforce involvement.
David Rawlins, RoSPA’s awards manager, said: “The RoSPA Awards encourage the raising of occupational health and safety standards across the board. Organisations that gain recognition for their health and safety management systems, such as UKDN Waterflow, contribute to a collective raising of the bar for other organisations to aspire to, and we offer them our congratulations.”
James Taylor, Head of Health, Safety, Quality and Environment (HSQE) at UKDN Waterflow, said: “We approach to health and safety with a rigorous attention to detail on any UKDN Waterflow project, thus ensuring our people, and any others on site, have all the necessary protection to make sure that they get home to their loved ones at the end of each day. Health and Safety is embedded in our day to day operation under our ‘First Time Right’ approach and the RoSPA Silver award reinforces our commitment to a safe working environment.”
Note to editors:
- UKDN Waterflow provides water, wastewater, drainage and infrastructure services to four key market areas – Industrial and Commercial, Water and Sewerage, Rail and Major Infrastructure, and Insurance and Household. Operating across Britain
- UKDN Waterflow is run by an executive team led by Steve Shine OBE (Executive Chairman), Nick Harris (CEO), Kevin Mouatt (COO) and George Shannon (CFO)
- UKDN Waterflow’s comprehensive portfolio of services covers above, below and internal asset management services and project work that ranges from household plumbing and drainage repairs for insurance companies, complete asset management programmes for regional and national estate managers, to multi-million pound infrastructure projects for rail, highways and airports.
- UKDN Waterflow is backed by independent mid-market private equity investor Lyceum Capital, who specialise in buying and building companies that operate in the UK mid-market.
- For more information about the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards go to the RoSPA awards website