The launch of the BIFM contractors health & safety guide has been welcomed by water, wastewater, drainage and infrastructure services supplier UKDN Waterflow.
The company, which has yet again received a Silver award from RoSPA for excellence in Health & Safety, has a ‘Right First Time’ approach embedded into its operational structure, which means that employees and other contractors on site get home safely every night. The RoSPA award adds to a British Safety Council International Safety Award earlier in the year.
Gary Webb at UKDN Waterflow, said: “We approach health and safety with a rigorous attention to detail on any project. This ensures anyone on site, whether they work for us or with us, have all the necessary protection. Health & Safety is embedded in our day to day operation under our ‘First Time Right’ approach and the our continued success through award wins with RoSPA and the British Safety Council reinforces our commitment to a safe working environment. We very much welcome the BIFM contractors health & safety guide to steer companies to achieve the same high levels that we promote”
UKDN Waterflow has also successfully achieved OHSAS 18001 Certification (Health and Safety Standards) for its operations, completing the accreditation for the company’s existing ISO standards, integrating with the principles of ISO 9001 (Quality Standards) and ISO 14001 (Environmental Standards).
The BIFM contractors health & safety guide provides a step by step look at the management of health and safety of contractors, and provides a handy guide for any FM in the selection and management of contractors working on site.
Note to editors:
- UKDN Waterflow provides water, wastewater, drainage and infrastructure services to four key market areas – Industrial and Commercial, Water and Sewerage, Rail and Major Infrastructure, and Insurance and Household. Operating across Britain
- UKDN Waterflow is run by an executive team led by Steve Shine OBE (Executive Chairman), Nick Harris (CEO), Kevin Mouatt (COO) and George Shannon (CFO)
- UKDN Waterflow’s comprehensive portfolio of services covers above, below and internal asset management services and project work that ranges from household plumbing and drainage repairs for insurance companies, complete asset management programmes for regional and national estate managers, to multi-million pound infrastructure projects for rail, highways and airports.
- UKDN Waterflow is backed by independent mid-market private equity investor Lyceum Capital, who specialise in buying and building companies that operate in the UK mid-market.
- For more information about the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards go to the RoSPA awards website